2000 Chevy Blazer

HOGTOWNREB
  • 2000 CHEVROLET BLAZER
You told me that the 4 wheel drive was not fully completely disengaged. So you are saying that when I put my truck in 2 wheel drive that it is half in 4 wheel and halif in 2 wheel right. Well I know for a fact that 2 wheel works and the 4 wheel works. Are you saying when I put it in 2 wheel that the axle is still lock on the front? All my 4 buttons work on the dash. How can I tell that the hub is making the noise or the diff making the noise? All I hear is roaring at 25 mph and gets louder as I speed up. Every thing works on the truck but I have that loud roaring. The diff fluid is full.2 wheel work, 4 wheel work, tires are new. It all happen after a snow storm. Thanks
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 3:21 PM

SCOTTY DEE
Do you notice any movement in the front wheels by holding the tire at 12 and 6 o'clock, suspension raised?
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 7:13 PM
HOGTOWNREB
No movement on the tire at 12 and 6 oclock.
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 7:28 PM
SCOTTY DEE
Bearings are tight then. Here's the next step. Completely exhange the front diff fluid with Mobil One 75W-90 synthetic gear oil. I have fixed some unexplained noise problems before by changing the fluid.
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 7:34 PM
HOGTOWNREB
I added 1/2 quart of 80w90 today. Can the front axle be half engaged. When in 2 wheel
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 7:54 PM
SCOTTY DEE
No. The actuator locks in both axles at the same time. Loose the 80/90 and replace all the fluid with synthetic.
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 7:59 PM
HOGTOWNREB
What I mean is I had a 81 jeep that had locking hubs on the front, that you had to lock before you put it in 4 wheel. But you could ride in 2 wheel until you needed it. Can the hubs still be locked on the 2000 blazer. Even if I have the thing in 2 wheel drive. Is it possible?
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 8:13 PM
SCOTTY DEE
Not if the switch says it's in 2WD. Now go change the fluid like I suggested. Write me back when that solves it.
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 8:16 PM
HOGTOWNREB
Posted at Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:13 pm
By hogtownreb, Likes to hang around!
Give Feedback | Votes: 0

Noises problem
2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

last week we drove over ice hard, in the street. After that happened I heard the tires making a roaring sound. Begins about 25 mph and get louder as I pick up speed. What parts in the frontend could have broke? I jacked up both sides, I shook the wheel from top 12 0clock and 6 0clock postion no movement on driver side and pass side. Then I shook 9 oclock and 3 oclock postion and it has movement on both tires this way. What parts could cause this problem? Thanks

Posted at Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 pm
By obxautomedic, Certified 2CarPros Technician
(1192) Give Feedback | Votes: 36

Did you put it in 4 wheel drive? If so could be that it hasn't completely disengaged. Also have you checked the front end fluid.
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 8:28 PM