Car started accselerating different and had no power

KYLESANDDY
  • 2008 SUZUKI FORENZA
So when I would shift into gears as it would start to climb up and speed the RPMs would run high for a while like it wasn't catching or something and then after driving in the gear for a while and if I didn't push down on the gas pedal too much the rpms would finally level out to narmal so I thought it was a fule problem I took care of all thatso I thought I fixed the issue but the car shifts in to gear and starts fine but as soon as I let off the clutch and and try to accelerate it would start doing the same thing the RPMs would rise the car felt like I had hesitation or something all the way through the gears until I get to 5th and it would ride somewhat decent at 60 miles an hour and then coming home one day I smelled some weird fluid or some kind of not good smell. But did not no if it was my car or not untill I got of the freeway and went to shift and there was no clutch it seemed as if it disapeared luckly I got alittel acceleration and costed to were I left I pulled the pedel up and I leftit for 2 days and when I came back I started the car and was able to shift into gearit drove but it felt as if it had no power and accelerated all funky again but I got it the two blocks home and now I'm trying to find out what the issue could be please help
Saturday, June 9th, 2018 AT 10:03 AM

KEN

It sounds like the clutch has worn out which is normal for the mile that are on the car. Here is a guide to help you see what you will be in for when doing he job with diagrams below to show you what needs to be done on your car:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-clutch

And this is a rear wheel drive car but the concept is similar.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/transmission-replacement-removal-manual

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
Sunday, June 10th, 2018 AT 12:14 PM