ENGINE MOUNTS

2000 Cadillac SLS

Yrneh

December, 16, 2009 AT 12:00 PM

Suspension problem
2000 Cadillac SLS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 111000 miles

I have been told that I have a bad/broken front engine mount. My question is, what is the recommendation in these cases with one bad, i.E, should I replace just the bad one; should I replace the front and rear; or should I replace them all?
Thanks.

factoryjack

December, 16, 2009 AT 9:21 PM

Just replace the bad one. The front one is the mount that gets the most stress, as the engine is accelerated in forward gears, it wants to lift against it. With the replacement part, there should be a heat shield that is added, to prolong it's life. The labor has gone down on them, so ask for the labor time they are going to charge you. It should only be about an hour and a half flat rate. It used to be over three hours.

Yrneh

December, 17, 2009 AT 11:14 PM

Thanks for your input. The time quote that I received was 1.2. There was no mention of a heat shield. I will ask about it when I take it in.

Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Air Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Air Filter Replacement BMW 525i