IGNITION TROUBLE

Cadillac Seville

robertbuchanan10

March, 19, 2007 AT 10:52 PM

Yes I have a 1997 Cadillac Seville with about 137,000 miles on it. The ignition has failed and I need to know how to remove the cover around the steering column.
Its a 4.6 northstar. ItS a used car that I bought at an auction. It ran super for a month. It has an aftermarket big stereo and what happened was my fiances teenage girls sat in the car and played the radio with the ignition on.
Now all I get is the gear sollector. And nothing else. If anyone else has had this problem it would be much appreciated if I could get some idea as to what to do.
Thanks in advance Robert Buchanan

merlin2021

March, 27, 2007 AT 3:20 PM

The plastic cover is usually two plastic halves held together by screws the screws are installed from the bottom side. Altho I doubt the switch would go bad by listening to a radio! I would be looking under the hood at the battery for the large fuse that is installed with these aftermarket Amps!

robertbuchanan10

March, 28, 2007 AT 12:44 AM

Actually what I found was that you had to pull the steering wheel to get into the column on this one. I will agree that most are the wat that you said that iy was.
I checked the amps and all that and what I came up with was the ignition module itself. It had some small cracks and that turned out to be the problem.I just had to trace it out and test each part of the ignition itself

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Replace Tie Rod End