1991 CADILLAC SEVILLE A/C IN MY CAR IS ACTING UP

• Flemingdaisy
  • 1991 CADILLAC SEVILLE

Air Conditioning problem
1991 Cadillac Seville V8 85490 miles

I had my air condition checked two years ago in my '91 Seville. Now, it does not work. I took it in for diagnostics and was informed they could not read the codes.

The information center is giving me these messages: a/c sensor fault, low a/c and completely shuts down.

The mechanic at Firestone informs me that the car is full of freeone, but they cannot read the codes on a diagnostic.

I don't know what to do at this point.

Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 AT 3:53 PM

• Factoryjack

With the key on(not running), press 'off' and 'warmer' on the climate panel. After a brief segment check, it will display codes on the info center. Let us know what ecm and bcm codes are present.

Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 AT 1:03 AM
  • Flemingdaisy

THIS IS WHAT THE INFO SYSTEM GAVE ME:

NO ECM Codes
B111 Current
B112 History
B121 History
B447 Current
B448 History
R026 History

The final response was ECM?

What does this mean?

Thank you.

Thursday, July 16th, 2009 AT 7:12 PM
  • Factoryjack

B447/448 are low refrigerant codes. This could be true, or based on faulty sensor readings not telling the truth. How did they determine that the system was full, static pressure? My guess is that you are low on refrigerant due to a leak, and the compressor gets defaulted off due to the codes for it's protection. I would recommend have the system recovered to determine the quantity. It could have sensor/switch faults, but you need to know what is in it for refrigerant. If it is still running R-12, you might consider having it converted, if you have to repair it.

Friday, July 17th, 2009 AT 12:00 AM