Rear heater problems

GWSHEETS
  • 2002 CADILLAC ESCALADE
Heater problem V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

My rear heat and air seems to work just fine but the front doesn't work correctly all of a sudden. In the front I can feel just a small amount of cold air or heat but not the full force like usual. It seems like a blockage or something. I can hear and feel a change with the venting as I change from floor to defrost but hardly any air comes out. Also I hear the blower motor run faster and slower as I change the speeds.
Do you have an idea as to a solution?

Thanks Gary
Tuesday, September 16th, 2008 AT 3:07 PM

JACK42
Hello

It sounds like you have a rear air temperature blend door actuator that is out not changing the cold to hot. Here is a guide that will show you what you are in for when changing the actuator out.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Here is the location for your car (below) REAR

I have also included the front ones as well because they go out from time to time I thought it would be good to have.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Jack
Wednesday, September 17th, 2008 AT 8:16 AM
GWSHEETS
Thanks! I got the shield off now there are some wire clamp screws but not a set screw that I see anywhere. I cannot find the mentioned set screw and how does the cover remove after I take out the set screw?
Sunday, September 21st, 2008 AT 2:57 PM
JACK42
Try removing those screws. After removed, the cover should pull down out of the way. See pic
Monday, September 22nd, 2008 AT 7:25 AM
GWSHEETS
I finally got the actuator out and the gears just turned and guess it is done done. So I got a new one and BAM all working thanks guys!
Monday, September 22nd, 2008 AT 11:27 AM
JACK42
Good to hear, please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.

Cheers
Friday, September 26th, 2008 AT 7:47 AM