SECURITY SYSTEM PROBLEM??

1998 Cadillac Deville

red99camaro

March, 26, 2009 AT 7:17 AM

1998 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 85050 miles

My 1998 Cadillac DeVille, with 89,050 miles, was just purchased by me a week ago. I have had no problems at all until this morning. When I approached the car and pushed the unlock button, nothing happened. Tried all buttons on the remote and nothing worked. Unlocked car with key and noticed no interior lights. Turned key and started car, started fine, but the horn was blowing like it was just broken into. Shut off car and the entire dash was blinking on and off for about 2 minutes. Finally quit flashing but continues to do same thing everytime I start it. I figure it is and electrical problem but not sure where to start.

Dr Loot

March, 26, 2009 AT 12:30 PM

Whenever an electrical problem occurs, the first thing to do is check your battery terminals make sure they are clean and make sure they are tight, have you replaced the battery in your remote? Checkout both things and get back to me, and I will lead you in a different direction.

Bill-Jeanne

November, 10, 2015 AT 12:01 PM

The battery is new and terminals are cleaned and tight. The dash says security system problem. The car started but died when the gas pedal is engaged. We bought new batteries for both of our remotes. However, the remotes do not work. The car will not start at all now.