1996 CADILLAC DEVILLE HEATER /AC BLOWER MOTOR

• locksmith335
  • 1996 Cadillac Deville

Heater problem
1996 Cadillac Deville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

blower motor don't work, was told to replace motor and computer for heater unit. Did both. Now the computer is used from another cad. Same sn# and model numbers on control box. But no go. Tryed used motor and new motor and neither spins. Tested without remounteing in fan box. Everything on dash works at lease it shows all controls and temps outside and what you want in side. I don't have a clue what gives. Can you give me some help here.
Tedd

Sunday, March 23rd, 2008 AT 10:54 PM

• Jack42

Should be a fanspeed resistor in the HVAC plenum near the blower motor, test it for power in, and out with a test light. They are usually the problem, as long as all fuses are good

Monday, March 24th, 2008 AT 7:45 AM
  • locksmith335

I called Cad dealer and asked about resisor thing they told me that a 96 don't have one and I should just bring it to them, do you by chance got a picture of this thing.
Tedd

Monday, March 24th, 2008 AT 10:40 AM
  • Jack42

Sorry, looked up wrong year. That speed signal comes straight out of the controller. Do oyu have power at the orange wire? Is the black wire grounded good?

Monday, March 24th, 2008 AT 11:16 AM
  • locksmith335

Yes have power at red wire and good ground on black wire, now the middle wire is light green when test light it put on it, it has very low power cause the test light glows very dim.
Tedd ?

Monday, March 24th, 2008 AT 12:12 PM
  • Jack42

Does it change with fan speed? (Brighten up)

Monday, March 24th, 2008 AT 4:26 PM
  • locksmith335

Nope no change. I know this is perplexing sorry for all the trouble

Monday, March 24th, 2008 AT 6:13 PM
  • Jack42

The speed control comes right out of the programmer(behind right side of instrument panel), If light doesnt change, then it is most likely the problem

Tuesday, March 25th, 2008 AT 7:31 AM