Blower not working

MADRANGER
  • 1993 CADILLAC DEVILLE

Where is the fan blower relay located on a 1993 Cadillac deville with a 4.9 litre engine?

Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 2:07 AM

FACTORYJACK

The blower motor resistor in under the hood on the heater box. The blower motor is there as well. Here are some guides and diagrams so we can do some testing to confirm the failure.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers

+5
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 3:27 AM
CADIEMAN

Check your voltages at the blower motor. Straight wire the motor to battery. If still inop. The motor is bad. If it runs the a/c programmer is bad. Its behind the glove box and lower dash panels.

+4
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 5:06 PM
MADRANGER

The blower does not come on at all. I suspected the blower resistor but then discovered that the fan should still work on high fan since the resistor is only for reducing the speed. Besides, I can't afford to spend $150 for a new one just to find out if that is the problem or not.

+2
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 6:30 PM
MADRANGER

I'm not familiar with the a/c programmer. What exactly is its purpose?

+2
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 6:32 PM
CADIEMAN

Controls the complete sys. If you put a power module and its not blowing. All thats left is the programer

Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 8:38 PM
MADRANGER

Thank you for the help the problem I did some testing with the guides you gave and it was the programmer not giving the blower motor a signal. I replaced it and Bam! It work. Thanks 2Carpros

+1
Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 2:58 AM
REMSLUGGER
  • 1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE

Heater problem
1994 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 112000 miles

the blower motor in my deville stopped working, checked the fuses and they were fine so I bought a new one and put it in and its still not working. Any sugestions?

Sunday, December 3rd, 2017 AT 8:59 PM (Merged)
BLACKOP555

First off check for voltage at the connector to the motor with switch in all positions getting anything?

Check for damage of the wires in the connector. Devilles had a issue with them not being tight and cuasing high resistance and melting them up. Also some have found that the connector on the back of the switch for selectign the fan to loosen up and not work. Check them out. If not youll have to run voltage through the connector at the switch and see if you get a ressponse. If you do the switch could be bad

+1
BLACKOP555

The black wire is ground. Check for ground there. On the red wire you should have power with key on switch on in anny position and teh grey with black stripe wire should have a voltage change with each position.
Theres a 40 amp fuse under the hood thats for the power to the red lead.

Black wire is attached near altanator. Check for ground from that wire.

If nothing on gray and black wire If so, check fuse thers a 10 amp fuse and a 10 amp in the engine bay.

If thats all good. The controler module is bad.

+2
IMGREGO72
  • 1992 CADILLAC DEVILLE

Heat and blower fan inside the car stopped working. I've checked the fuses on drivers side of car underneath the dash. It started blowing cold air only but fan still worked. Shortly after the fan stopped blowing and fan controls didn't respond to changes.(Ie-wouldn't switch to front defroster, auto, economy etc) what should I check?

I can talk to you about the basics. If blower motor won't work, check voltage and ground at the blower motor connector, purple wire is voltage, black wire is ground, with hvac turned on.

You can use the climate control panel to try to access any trouble codes. Key on, press warm and off together, an 888 should show up, then an E or F, depending on pcm codes or bcm codes. Write down all codes and post, hopefully me or somebody will help with the codes. If that doesn't work, let us know and we will try something else?

Click on the picture.

SEAMULE
  • 1993 CADILLAC DEVILLE

Heater problem
1993 Cadillac Deville V8

heating & a/c fan does not work. Fuses are ok. Don't know where to find blower motor or relays. Any other suggestions?

Sunday, December 3rd, 2017 AT 9:00 PM (Merged)

Hi:
The first thing you need to do is determine if there is power to the blower motor. It's located under the dash board on the passanger side (near glove box). Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

SEAMULE

SEAMULE

I recieved your reply to check under dash on passenger side to see if fan had power to it. Cannot find fan under dash however there is a fan access on the firewall under the hood behind the engine. 2 wires going to it, red & black. Red is hot. A maxi fuse panel is directly above it. All maxi fuses are good. Under each maxi fuse are square elec. Componets. Look like they plug in. Are these relays? How are they checked? They all have the same part number. If I remove the fan cover does that allow access to removing the fan? Is there another way to reply to your answers? Thanks for your trouble

email update: 1/5/09

I removed the cover from under the dash and could not see any access to the fan however, there was a relay center with fuses under the glove box ( had power to both sides of the fuse )and all fuses checked good. Under the hood behind the motor and against the firewall is a panel of Maxi fuses and below them is a fan access cover with 2 wires going to it, one black and one red. The red shows power to that point. All Maxi fuses check good. Under the Maxi fuses are a row of square plug in elec. Componets ( maybe relays?). They all have the same part number. Is there a way to check these and how are they removed? 2 of these units are directly under the Maxi fuses for the ECM (20amp) and blower (30 amp). Thanks for your reply.

Hi,
It sounds like you found relays, but to the best of my knowledge, access to the motor is done under the dashboard. If you remove the panel you refered to, do you see the motor? If so, are you getting power to the motor itself?

MAHKYIA
  • 1990 CADILLAC DEVILLE

1990 cadillac deville my buttons on the temperature control panel will not work, I have checked all fuses and they are good, my fan will not turn on either.I replaced the blower motor and it still will not turn on.

The relays should just pull out. If they are all the same part number, switch one out with the blower relay to see if that makes a difference. Also, have you gained access to the blower motor?

MHPAUTOS

I would be checking that the heater blower resistor has not burnt out, it is located in the R/H side of the fire wall in top of the plenum.

Mhpautos

LOCKSMITH335
  • 1996 CADILLAC DEVILLE

Heater problem
1996 Cadillac Deville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

blower motor don't work, was told to replace motor and computer for heater unit. Did both. Now the computer is used from another cad. Same sn# and model numbers on control box. But no go. Tryed used motor and new motor and neither spins. Tested without remounteing in fan box. Everything on dash works at lease it shows all controls and temps outside and what you want in side. I don't have a clue what gives. Can you give me some help here.
Tedd