OVERHEATS WHEN SITTING FOR EXTENDED P

1994 Cadillac Deville

randy will

January, 17, 2008 AT 11:35 AM

Heater problem
1994 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 181000 miles

My son ran over a deer and since that time I have had problems with the car overheating. Only if I'm stuck in traffic for any extended periods. I have had the radiator and other things replaced. Still no luck with it not overheating. Some one told me to replace the coolong fans. What is your opinion?

mastertechtim

January, 17, 2008 AT 11:40 AM

Dont replace the fans. Lets get to the bottom of this without putting unnecessary parts in it. You could have a burnt fusible link, coolant sensor, relay problem. With the car not running check to make sure your fans are not binding or frozen. You may need fans. Your fans should turn on at 228 degrees f or your air conditioning is on. Hope this helps. Feedback and votes are appreciated

Buzzsaw

The relays are right under the radiator, one fan should come on with the AC on, the other fan comes on at 218 deg, high fan on at 225, ck the wires to the relays, there are 3 of them

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser