1986 Cadillac Deville Fuel relay

RICH001
  • 1986 CADILLAC DEVILLE
My Cadillac runs perfect on all short trips, but after a longer trip (60 min. Or more), it will not start and is not getting fuel. I replaced the filter, and am now trying to locate the fuel relay switch. I have a manual that says it is beside the fuse box, which it isn`t. I went to the GM dealer, and they said it was on the firewall, which it isn`t. So I have a new relay and nowhere to put it.
Thursday, December 27th, 2007 AT 3:07 PM

MERLIN2021
Check engine compartment relay block near the washer fluid reservoir.
Thursday, December 27th, 2007 AT 3:26 PM
BUZZSAW
Its on the firewall, under a black cover made of plastic,
there are 3 of them there, and some fuses, I dought this is your prob, is there a ck engine lite on? Need codes, push off and warmer on heater controls, and they display on heater assy, write them down, with out looking at it I would say your prob is in the distributor, cam sensor or pick up coil
Friday, December 28th, 2007 AT 2:46 PM
RICH001
Thanks for your advice. I tried the codes the last time my car wouldn t start. I got a BCM code 32 and 48. The code 32 is my MAP sensor circuit open. Should I be replacing it instaed of the relay. I found the relay behind the glove compartment.
Monday, December 31st, 2007 AT 4:40 AM