2005 CADILLAC CTS ANIT THEFT SYSTEM, KEY WONT RELEASE

• caddyman122
  • 2005 Cadillac CTS

2005 Cadillac CTS 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

i own a 2005 cadallic cts and im having these problems. The car will start but the engine temperature gauge and gas gauge do not work. Also when you try to turn the key off it will not release it. The theft deterrent light will not turn off and the traction control light will NOT turn off. If u do not know please say you don't know.

thank you for your time.

Thursday, August 19th, 2010 AT 5:03 PM

• factoryjack

It is possible that the temp gauge and fuel gauge are not related, no way of knowing until a gauge sweep test can be performed with a scan tool. When the vehicle is started, I assume the traction control light and theft light go out? When the key is turned to off as far as it will go, can the transmission be shifted out of park still?

Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 11:44 PM
  • dja79

Remove the ecm Fuse. Its located in the fuse box under the hood. Should reset your system and be back to normal.

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 5:55 AM
  • dja79

More possibles. Bad battery, or low charge; will cause this problem, check first. Or bad ECM; pray its not that.

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 6:04 AM
  • Debbpimp

Finally what is the problem? I have the same problem with my cadillac.

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 11:20 PM