Hello and thank you for using 2CarPros.
35,000 is low mileage to lose a clutch but it is not unheard of. There are many things that can wear out a clutch early.
1. Using your car to teach some one to drive a standard can take a lot off a clutch.
2. Letting the car sit for a long period of time the flywheel will rust, especially near the ocean. When you drive it again the rust is like sand paper on the clutch.
3. Bad habits such as using the clutch to hold the car in place at a stop light.
4. It is also common for the springs in the clutch to break which causes more wear on it.
5. A warped flywheel will also wear out a clutch sooner.
These are a few things that can cause that. Please let us know what it ends up being.
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 AT 10:29 PM