STARTING PROBLEMS

1994 Buick Roadmaster

buick guy 337

June, 1, 2010 AT 2:24 AM

1994 Buick Roadmaster V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

I bought a 1994 buick roadmaster from a 91 year old man. I dont think nothing was ever changed. After 3 week the car just didn't wont to stay started. The engine starts but stop immediately. I was told by my neighbor that it was either the fuel pump, distibutor, ignition coil, or throttle position sensor was the problem. Not knowing where to start so I went to the auto parts, bought all items replaced what he said was wrong. I even done a major tune up. After all that work and $1100 in parts, the car still stop immediately after starting it. Any suggestion on what I should do. I dont wont to get rid of the car cause I love this buick roadmaster.

June, 1, 2010 AT 2:40 AM

Hi buick guy 337, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Try cleaning out the idle air control valve and test the manifold absolute pressure sensor

buick guy 337

June, 2, 2010 AT 12:33 AM

I changed the idle air control valve, but I could not locate the module absolute pressure sensor. I look all over on the intake and did not locate it. Can you give me a diagram so I can locate this item.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe