SERVICE TRACTION SYSTEM LIGHT, TRAC OFF AND ANTI-LOCK LIGHTS

Buick Rendezvous

nehra

August, 15, 2007 AT 8:42 PM

I have a 2002 buick rendezvous with 62000 miles. I recently had a problem on making right turns and applying brakes, the brake paddle used to pulsate. I took it to the mechanic and was advised to replace the right front side hub bearing. After replacing the hub bearing, the problem re-occured with in two weeks and the hub bearing was replaced again under warranty by the repair shop. But after a month again I started getting the same problem, the brake paddle pulsate on right turns and sometimes while applying brakes on even minor bumps too. I also get now " Service Traction System" light with Anti-Lock and Trac off lights". I believe it turned off both the traction and the abs. I could feel the traction working and the brakes would pulsate. This now happens on any speed. The problem persists and the light continues to come on. I also wonder was the diagnosis for this issue was right or not? As the same problem still persists even after two times huib bearing was replaced. Kindly advise what else could be wrong? Thanks.

Service Writer

August, 15, 2007 AT 8:54 PM

There are times when it is hard to keep faith in a repair shop, but you need to know how difficult and frustrating it is for the shop as well. They diagnosed it properly both times as the problem was eliminated, regardless of why it came back.

Take it back to them, I assure you they want this solved as much as you do, out of pride if nothing else. They backed it one and I'm sure if it is the same they will again. I have senn many instances where one side goes and the other is right around the corner from going. They need to have the truck to find out what is wrong, the last thing you want to do at this point is go elsewhere, it muddies things up in many ways for everyone.

chevyman45451

September, 15, 2009 AT 6:03 PM

Did you ever get it figured out? I have an 03 with the same issue. I replaced bearings at all 4 wheels as well as new brakes to no avail. If you got yours fixed any info would be great.

Service Writer

September, 16, 2009 AT 6:01 AM

Check the harness under drivers seat inside passenger compartment for a bad area about 6-8 inches long you have to split looming and roll harness in your fingers and see the green corrosion and white power coming out it is the ground circuit for rear motor at the rear differential.

Caused from excessive moisture in carpet. Those wires go to the bulk connecter under passenger seat on outside.

Another harnes to check is a section of harness about 6 inches from the L/front w/speed connector. The insulation may be fine but when pulled on the wire from both sides you may feel it stretch. At this point you need to cut in and find if the strands are broken.

Dimka777

October, 8, 2009 AT 11:11 PM

I have the same problem I need help aswell.
This seems to be a pretty common issue on the Rendezvous too much electronics!

Thanx Much

JRamirez

July, 18, 2012 AT 4:06 PM

I have an 05 model and I'm having the same exact problem. I had new roters and break pads installed but the car still grinds whenever I turn the wheel. The abs light and Traction lights both come on. What can I do to repair this? How will this affect my car in the long run and is it dangerous to drive the car like this? Thanks!

lordturtle68

July, 25, 2012 AT 8:51 PM

Its a wheel speed senser its a hub bearing and the speed sensor will throw all three lights on

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy