I did find the problem. I pulled the wiring out a pigtail at a time until I got the the main window switch on the driver's door. When I looked at the pigtail and all of the leads between the switch and the pigtail or part that connects the switch wiring to wires leading to the first fuse panel, I noticed the wire leads going into the little plastic connector had burn marks on it.
Ultimately, to put it in a nutshell if what I wrote is confusing (it was to me), the wires did have a power surge go through them and the fuse box did not catch it or blow the appropriate fuse. So, I had to replace all the wiring from the switch all the way to the engine compartment fuse box.
A couple of goofy things have happened since I replaced the wiring. There appears to be some sort of electrical "gremlin" in the Buick. I have noticed others on the forum who have Centuries, Regals etc have had all sorts of issues including windows not operating, headlights staying on, battery parasites like the radio (I had this problem as well) killing the battery overnight.
I hope something up above proves useful for you and anything you may be experiencing.
Feel free to message me with any other questions. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the electrical problems this model has.
Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 AT 8:50 AM