GET HEAT ON PASSENGER SIDE COLD AIR

VILLIE
  • 2000 BUICK PARK AVENUE
I get heat on the passenger side but cold air on the driver side?
Sunday, January 11th, 2009 AT 6:22 PM

DAVE H

You have a blend door actuator that is not working for the passengers side which is common. Here is a guide to help walk you through the repair with diagrams below to help you do the repair on your car.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what happens.
Friday, January 30th, 2009 AT 10:08 PM
TMAJKA
Thank you for this post I got a new blend door actuator for $56.00 the problem is fixed! I love this site.
Wednesday, January 9th, 2019 AT 10:57 AM
DSG1966
  • 1999 BUICK PARK AVENUE
I have dual climate control. This winter no matter how high I turned the tempature to the passanger side always pushed out cold air. It does it no matter if it is on Auto or I have the settings set manually, cold air comes out of the vents, floor, defrost.

Thanks for your help
Wednesday, January 9th, 2019 AT 10:57 AM (Merged)
BMRFIXIT
Suspect bad blend door actuator
inside HVAC box
POLKAHOLIC
  • 1996 BUICK PARK AVENUE
What would cause hot air to blow out on the drivers side and only cold on the passenger side?
Wednesday, January 9th, 2019 AT 10:58 AM (Merged)
BLUELIGHTNIN6
A likely cause for this make and model is the weakening and subsequent crimping of one or more of the vacuum lines, or softened connector nipples within the A/C programmer. Check your connectors and vacuum lines for any defaults and post your results. I will follow up.
POLKAHOLIC
Thanks for the response while checking the vac lines ect behind the glove box I was adjusting all of the settings to try and figure out what devise activates with each setting. When I turned the temp setting to the lowest setting then back up to the highest I had heat on both sides of the car again. I was able to change the settings to all positions and the heat remained on both sides. I put the dash back together and when I tested it again I started out with heat then I heard the sound of the vac line and it switched back to cold air on the passenger side again. I changed the temp to the lowest setting and after I heard the devise complete its rotation I turned the temp back up and the heat is on both sides again. I know I havent fixed the problem but hopefully this will continue to work until I do find the solution.
FORD33
You are on the right track. With the glove compartment out. Look on top of the heater box there is an arm about 2" long; it is located approx. Behind where the left corner of the glove box would be. This arm attaches to a "not sure if it's a" vacume/ electric motor. The arm is splined and will strip out; causing it to work intermittently till it doesent work at all. I simply disconected the arm from the rod and installed a spring to hold it one way for summer and the other winter.
Hope this helps. Bruce
POLKAHOLIC
Thanks bruce. Your idea sounds like a good one.
ALEX_1143
  • 1997 BUICK PARK AVENUE
1967 park avenue-dual climate controls -driver side gives heat when a-c is on pas side has cold air what is problem
KHLOW2008
A fault with the air-mix motor or its linkages would cause the vents to be directed to the heater thereby no cold air.
-1
RAYMOND24
  • 1997 BUICK PARK AVENUE
Computer problem
1997 Buick Park Avenue 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

The air blows good. Only on one side. I have the climate control where passenger can change thier own temperature. The driver side blows hot. Ask people about it and they say that there is a arm that opens up to split the air. Is there any way that I can look for myself. Or would I have to take it to a shop
Hi:
Yes, there is a blend door that directs the air flow in different directions. It sounds like there is a problem with it. You can try looking under the dask to locate it; however, you will most likely need to remove several parts to see it. I suggest taking it to a mechanic unless you are confident enough to try it yourself.

Let me know what you decide.
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 1998 BUICK PARK AVENUE
This buick has dual climate control that only works on one side. What could be the problem?
ASEMASTER6371
Mode door motor may be bad. Have it verified for failure

B TYSON
  • 2003 BUICK PARK AVENUE
Air Conditioning problem
2003 Buick Park Avenue 6 cyl All Wheel Drive 106000 miles

driver side a/c flows warm air, passenger side flows cold air, why?
MERLIN2021
Could be a stuck temperature blend door on the driver's side, low A/C charge, weak compressor, or bad control unit, have the B code(s) read, this will point you to the sore spot.
BPWEIBEL
  • 1997 BUICK PARK AVENUE
I have a 1997 Park Ave that blows out hot/warm air on the driver's side and ice cold air on the passenger's side. What could be causing this?
Check to see I f your actuators are getting power and working. I've enclosed a pic to show what they look like. It's not your car but it'sclose so you'll get the idea.
BPWEIBEL
I have checked these as best I could and they appear to be working. They do move from floor to dash to defrost as they are supposed to. I'm having trouble understanding the air flow and how 1 fan could give 2 independent air streams (driver s compartment and passenger compartment/back seat) that could be different temps. Reading the owners manual, the suspect the passenger dual air temp control is involved. There must be something to adjust the temp independently but I haven't figured out where to check this. Can you help? Thanks.