SERVICE ENGINE SOON

Buick Lesabre

Stay1978

March, 16, 2007 AT 11:13 AM

I have a 2000 Buick Lesabre Custom 6cyl with about 124000 miles. I was on vacation for 2 weeks the car was left sitting. When I came home drove it to work 100 miles round trip next day drove it 5 miles up the road and the service engine soon light came on and it started shaking really bad. Put some fuel cleaner in and filled the tank now when I start it and leave it running the service light is steady on. If I drive it down the street it shakes a little but if I get a stop sign it vibrates the whole car and the light starts blinking again, when I start accelerating again the light goes steady. Any clues on what to do. I live in a very small town and the closest mechanic is about 30 miles away via the interstate. Thanks for any and all help.

kin chan

March, 17, 2007 AT 10:25 AM

Go to the nearest auto parts store and have em' pull the diagnostic trouble codes. So I know at least what the computer saw for problematic components & systems. Msg me when u get the codes

Stay1978

March, 17, 2007 AT 12:05 PM

The code is P0300 multi cylinder failure. Also, noticed today when doing a test drive if I make a left u-turn I hear a what sounds like a grinding sound. Thanks for any and all help

kin chan

March, 17, 2007 AT 12:58 PM

Probably bad gas or water condensation. To be sure.U need a real mechanic. Gotta be able to chk pids data and verify its fuel cause misfire. I can guess more but u have to give me more info, msg me if u wanna continue

Stay1978

March, 17, 2007 AT 1:50 PM

I was thinking thats what the cause was so I put in Gumout Fuel Injector Cleaner the high mileage one. After I filled the tank and put it in it sounds and feels a lot better, but it still does the shake a little bit and I can feel its not back to normal yet. Should I run it or drive it to get the gas running through it to clean it out. Is it safe to drive? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

kin chan

March, 17, 2007 AT 8:51 PM

2 fuel & engine service machine are now used by the top professional shop. Either motorvac or auto2000 are the manufacture. We paid over $3000 for the machine and it really ensure the fuel system - rail, injectors, engine cpts are service properly. If a can of chemical less than $5 can do the jobover the counter. Why do u think we bought the machine when we know more than most everyday car owners.I would have it service from a shop which equipped with 1 of the other brand if this is my car.A matter of fact. Even my own vehicle.I service it every 30 K miles as a maintainence. Good luck and keep me update.