1999 Buick Lesabre Car will not start

MARKOZZ
  • 1999 BUICK LESABRE
1999 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I drove the car and parked it in my driveway. Then I went out to start it and it would not start. When I turn the key all the lights turn on but the starter will not even turn over. I dont hear the it even click. I changed out the battery no luck. I did take it out of park and tried to start it in Neutral no luck. Put I back in park and tried again. I tried my spare key no luck. I am going to replace the starter today. Any thing else I can try. I will let you know if the starter is bad once I get it tested. I might have it rebuilt while I have it out.
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 10:19 AM

SATURNTECH9
Do you have a custom or limited model?Does the security light flash or stay on solid when it doesn't start?
+1
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 11:06 AM
MARKOZZ
It is a custom and the security light stays on.
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 12:23 PM
MARKOZZ
I installed the new starter and it still will not turnover. The Security light is flashing now. Any ideas? Help please.
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 2:23 PM
MARKOZZ
Replaced battery, starter, tried the spare key, checked the fuses, all the lights turn on, the gas pump works, the ac works, windows work, tried starting in Neutral, then park again, 12 volts going to the starter, and the car will not start. It will not even turn over. What can I do next?
-2
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 4:12 PM
SATURNTECH9
Look's like your anti theft is the problem I emailed you a trouble tree I hope that's the system you have let me know if it's not.I emailed it to your personal email.
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 7:57 PM
MARKOZZ
The security light was flashing when I tried to start the car. Since the security light was flashing it was the anti theft system not working. So I had to pull the steering wheel. To prevent the air bag going off I disconnected the battery and waited 10 mins. This will prevent the bag from deploying. Once I pulled the wheel I could pull the ignition switch and see that the wire was cut for the anti theft system. Disconnected the wire and got a new switch at the dealer. Had to get the switched coded for my current keys. Then I reinstalled the new switch and it started. Then reinstalled the string wheel and there you have it.
Thursday, June 24th, 2010 AT 5:48 PM
JAZCEEDEE
Monday, August 9th, 2010 AT 10:11 PM