Brake light and turn signal not working properly

DOUGLAS ENTWISTLE
  • 1996 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
  • 2,000,000 MILES
Brake light and turn signals individually work normally. But when making a left turn, with the turn signals on when I apply the brakes, the turn signal on the left side is cancelled and the brake light is on. The right turn signal and brakes work normally. One other thing, with the left turn signal is on without the brakes on, the light on the top of the cab blinks with the left turn signal. Again this does not happen with the right side lights. I have changed the switch on the steering column with no results. I have removed the wire harness for the trailer lights without success. There are no shorts in the system. The fuses don't blow. I have replaced the signal light flasher unit. For a while I did hear a buzzing sound under the dash. This has stopped. This has made no difference the problem as described above is still the same.
Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 AT 8:21 AM

KEN

It sounds like you have a bad ground I would check at the rear of the truck first. here is a guide and the wiring diagrams so you can check the grounds:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
Monday, June 17th, 2019 AT 12:57 PM