2002 BMW 330 CAR WONT START

• leang612
  • 2002 BMW 330

2002 BMW 330 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles

my 2002 bmw 330ci ran out of battery, so I got a brand new battery for it and installed it. Cranking the car it wont turn over. It only cranks and makes a ticking noise. I tried to jump it as well with the new battery and still wont start. Please I need help. Thanx for your time. Anyone with a sucessful reply for me will get a 50 dollar donation. Thanx

Saturday, August 16th, 2008 AT 9:40 PM

• Dr. Hagerty

A new battery or a different battery?

Saturday, August 16th, 2008 AT 9:42 PM
  • leang612

It's a new one that I got from autozone that matches my car

Sunday, August 17th, 2008 AT 9:31 AM
  • Dr. Hagerty

Thank you for your generous offer to donate. I am not sure I understand your description of the problem. My first question is when you say "cranking the car it wont turn over" and "it only cranks and makes a ticking noise" Do you mean the starter engages and will turn the motor over but it wont start? Is it not turning the motor over and just making a ticking noise? Second question is when did this problem start, has it ever done this before? Did it start when the battery was replaced? If yes then there may be an electronic reason for the failure and a BMW professional may need to be retained in order to remedy this issue. If the motor is turning over and will not start, is there enough fuel in the car for the fuel pump to pick up? Thank you for your patience, I know this can be frustrating to interact in cyberspace and I will do my best to help you out. ♥

Sunday, August 17th, 2008 AT 11:57 AM