CI QUESTION

1932 BMW 323

chizvette

September, 24, 2007 AT 9:49 AM

My son has a 2000 323ci that has what I think is a fuel delivery problem but I don't have expeience on repairing BMW's.
He was driving and it started to slow down to the point where it just quit on him. He towed it home, it would start but then die, he did that a few times and now it wont start but it cranks fine. I had him remove the gas cap to see if there was any pressure and he said there wasn't. When the ign. Is turned to ON there is no electric fuel pump noise.
I removed the rear seat and found 2 intank lock down rings with 1 hose to each and one electric connector to each. The one behind the driver has a blue hose and a 2 pin connector. I'm assumming this is where the fuel pump is located. I've turned on the ign. And checked for power at both sides of the 2 pin connector. No power was found. Checked the fuse and it is fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what / how to go from here? Thanks for any and all help Ron : D : D

Dr. Hagerty

September, 25, 2007 AT 11:57 PM

The fuel pump is located on the right side not the left side. Check for power at the connector for the pump when cranking the engine. You did not mention mileage. Pumps do fail on high mileage cars.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test