Blower motor not working, HVAC controls not switching from floor to panel, AC, etc.

BABBITTN2004
  • 1999 MERCURY MYSTIQUE
I've taken out the blower motor--it was rather simple, and upon turning the fan on, it works on all speeds. Fuses and relays all tested fine. But when the motor is secured in the housing, the fan does not work. I looked at the inside of the blend door actuator and found no broken gears. The actuator when not in place does rotate, but it only moves to one position and stops. I'm out of ideas, and I am not proficient in electrical on cars. Is there something else I need to test electrically to see if something is wrong, or is there a mechanical part that could potentially need to be replaced? Winter is drawing near, and I am going to need defrosters for sure to work.
Sunday, October 5th, 2014 AT 1:49 PM

Sometimes if you jiggle a blower motor it may run? The vibrations may cause the brushes to make contact, intermittently. With blower motor installed, check for voltage and ground, controls turned on, violet wire is voltage, black wire is ground.

Your directional actuator doors appear to be vacuum controlled. Most vehicles I work on, if vacuum is lost, it defaults to defrost.
Sunday, October 5th, 2014 AT 2:41 PM