Blend door actuator replacement

SUSIECAMARO
  • 2008 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I know how to find and replace but I was told you need to also remove fuses or disconnect battery first and then do something after the actuator is installed to re calibrate them, but I cannot find this information anywhere. Thanks
Wednesday, December 4th, 2019 AT 6:29 AM

KASEKENNY1
There are some that require calibration but as long as you install the actuator in the cold position. Basically set your temp to cold before you do it and then remove and replace the actuator. When installing it just make sure the actual door position lines up with the actuator. There should be a notch for alignment but just make sure the door is in the door position is in that position. If you are unsure, start the engine and turn the system on and manually move the door so it is blowing cold to match the setting. Just make sure it is full cold so you can move the door to the full stop. Then the actuator should be lined up.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor
Wednesday, December 4th, 2019 AT 8:07 AM

Sponsored links