1991 AUDI TROUBLE STARTING

• Simms2424
  • 1991 AUDI

1991 Other Audi Models V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 167000 miles

My 1991 Audi v8 Quattro is having trouble starting after the car has been running for a little while. I replaced the ignition coil and I also replaced the caps & rotors but it did not solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Sunday, May 30th, 2010 AT 11:59 AM

• Rasmataz

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Sunday, May 30th, 2010 AT 3:15 PM