Are the brakes sticking

WILLIEDYNAMITE11
  • 2007 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
When I accelerate it feels as if my truck is being held back or something is keeping it from having full power. There's a grind sounding noise from the rear end, but I've changed the differential fluid. Also noticed significantly when turning a corner. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.
Monday, January 6th, 2020 AT 11:35 AM

KASEKENNY1
I am going to assume you have rear disc brakes just because if you have rear drum then the parking brake is part of the rear shoes. However, if you have rear disc brakes then the parking brakes are inside the rotor. A lot of times these get hung up and will start dragging and making noise once they are worn out. I would suggest pulling the rotor off and looking at the parking brakes to see if that is the issue.
Tuesday, January 7th, 2020 AT 5:09 PM
WILLIEDYNAMITE11
No I have drum brakes in the rear.
Thursday, January 9th, 2020 AT 12:14 PM
KASEKENNY1
Okay. That makes checking this easier to check. Lift the rear of the vehicle and put the transmission in Neutral (block the wheels so it doesn't roll) and spin the rear tires. With no parking brake and in neutral, they should spin pretty easily with very little drag from the brakes. If they do then you have a different issue. If not, then we need to remove the drum and take a look.
Thursday, January 9th, 2020 AT 6:27 PM

Sponsored links