Weak Clutch at start

TWISTED65
  • ALL OTHER MAKES ALL OTHER MODELS

1994 Acura Integra LS, 122,000 miles. Recently I just replaced a slave cylinder on the Integra, bled it fine and installed properly. The test drive went smooth, and I felt a sense of accomplishment that it works! Well when I let the car sit for a couple hours, the clutch seems to loose pressure for a couple minutes. Once I shift a couple times, usually by third gear, its builds pressure back up and is fine for the rest of the time being until it sits again. The fluid is at the same level so I don’t think there is a leak. There doesn’t seem to be any damage to the slave cylinder so I have no clue. Can you guys please help me? I would really appreciate any advice, Thanks!

Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 AT 12:19 AM

BRUCE HUNT

I know you patted yourself already for the installation and I think you probably did a good job. But you obviously missed something. Sooooooo. What would that something be? Air. Now I would venture to say that given time the air would find its way out of the system, but try the bledding at the slave one more time to get that last drop of air out. Also, all the way back to the master, check the connections to ensure they are tight.

Good luck and great job!

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 AT 7:08 AM

Related Transmission Clutch Slave Secondary Cylinder Questions

Help us by donating