87 RANGER NO SPARK

1987 All Other Makes All Other Models

nai1er

May, 24, 2006 AT 5:39 PM

Ranger has 2.3 FI 4cyl engine 45,000 miles. It had a dead number 2 cylinder Had spark and gas but dead. Turned out to be head gasket blown between #2 and #3 cylinder. After changing the head gasket I now have NO spark at all. I replaced the coil and pick up coil but still no spark. I am getting power to the primary side of coil but nothing from the secondary. From what I've been able to find out the problem must be in the " P I P " signal. I have tried several sources but to no avail I had good spark before replacing the head gasket. I did nothing to the ignition system except R& R spark plug wires. ( Yes they are back right ) The truck sat for a year and the battery went dead if that matters?/? I'm at a loss. I had the ignition module bench tested. Good. Only thing left is the computer.
Any help would be appreciated.
Nai1er

tcooper

August, 31, 2006 AT 9:13 PM

: shock: change the rotor. It sometimes keeps it from firing.

nai1er

September, 2, 2006 AT 9:35 PM

So far I have changed the coil, pick up coil in the distributor, module and coil wire. Still no spark what so ever coming from the coil. I have power on both sides of the primary side of coil but nothing, not even a weak spark coming out.

Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz