I attached the reset procedure below for you to try. Either open and close the trunk or lock and unlock the driver door.
1. Get a full understanding of the trouble symptoms by check the theft-alarm system, and then carry out troubleshooting.
2. The signals input to the ETACS-ECU from the switches which are related to the following systems should be normal.
Central door locking system
In addition, the signals input to the ETACS-ECU from the following switches should be normal.
Trunk lid switch
Trunk lid key cylinder switch
a. The ECU may not accept the alarm canceling signal under the following conditions.
If the trunk lid key cylinder switch or door lock key cylinder switch is operated roughly
If these switches have been installed incorrectly or switches themselves are defective
In such case, the alarm operation will take place when the door is opened using a key.
[However, when the door key cylinder switch has been shorted with the ignition switch ON, the ECU judges the detection switch as faulty. Since then, it will prevent setting of alarm until the shorting is corrected.]
b. If the trunk lid is opened using a key and is left opened when the door key cylinder switch system has a trouble (wiring harness damage, open circuit, etc.), The ECU judges it as the trunk lid holding mode and does not produce alarm even when the door is opened.
SYSTEM OPERATION CHECKING
1. Turn the ignition key to the ON position and then use the power-window switch to fully open the window on the driver's side.
2. Turn the ignition key to the LOCK position and then remove the key from the ignition.
3. Open only the driver's door, and close all the other doors, including the hood and the liftgate.
4. Lock the driver's door with the key or the keyless-locking method.
5. All doors will then be locked, and the SECURITY light (within the combination meter) will illuminate; Check that illumination stops in about 20 Seconds.
6. After about 2 Seconds have passed after the SECURITY light switched off, reach through the window of the driver's door, pull up the lock lever to unlock the door, and then open the door.
7. Check that, when the door is opened, the horn starts sounding and the headlights flash on and off.
8. To stop the alarm, insert the key into the door's key cylinder and turn the key.
NOTE: To check the alarm for the liftgate or hood, pull the remote release lever before the alarm is activated by the opening of a door or after the first 3 Minutes alarm.
Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 AT 7:19 AM