Reset Security

DCBARRY
  • 2004 CHRYSLER SEBRING
When I bought the car it did not come with a key fob. I have been driving it for about a year now, It seems to be a problem with anti theft, the column will not lock up when you turn the wheel with the key out. The car will not start, the light on the column flashes and the the four ways flash when the key is turned to the on position. When the door is opened the chime like when a key is in the ignition is intermittent but a pattern, so I know that the car is doing it intentionally. After a few minutes the car doesn't do anything, lights and chimes turn off and its like there is no problem. It is just dead. Right now I do not have the money to tow it to a garage to get it fixed.
Can the security system be rest where it is parked and how do I go about getting a new fob for it?

Thank you very much.
Sunday, July 26th, 2015 AT 5:37 AM

OHYEA
The sentry key security system will totally disable the car if someone tries to start it with the incorrect key. To reset the system requires putting a working skim key in the ignition, turn the key to the on position (not starting), and leave it on for an hour. I strongly suggest hooking up a battery charger so the battery does not go dead. If that doesn't work can contact an automotive locksmith that has the proper programming tool.
-1
Sunday, July 26th, 2015 AT 8:44 PM
KEN
Hey guys,

Here is some information from the repair manual.

If an incorrect password is input five times in a row, the immobilizer-ECU judges that an unauthorized operation is being attempted. Start-prevention mode will be set, and engine operation will stop and all special functions will be disabled. If the ignition switch is turned to ON position and left in that position for approximately 20 minutes, Unauthorized operation, start- prevention mode will be canceled.

Let me know how it goes.

Best, Ken
+4
Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 7:21 AM
BUDMANN
I got my alarm to reset by locking the doors ( on drivers door) the alarm light comes on. I left the key in the door, the light begins to flash. Pull the key out and open passengers door. Alarm goes off then put key in the door and shut it off. Then mine started
+2
Saturday, August 10th, 2019 AT 9:12 PM
KEN
Excellent addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out whenever you are on the site :)
+1
Monday, August 12th, 2019 AT 11:00 AM

Sponsored links