AIR CONDITIONING NOT WORKING

2012 Nissan Sentra

Kelbarone

May, 14, 2013 AT 12:28 PM

Dealer says a stick got into and will be a 700 repair
How does this happen. This is my daughters car and she was recently in an accident when someone rear ended her.I mean this just seems bizarre. How could a stick get into the airconditioning unit. Should she take it for a second opinion! Thank you for your help

Wrenchtech

May, 14, 2013 AT 1:00 PM

You didn't specify what the stick got into but there is a condenser on the front of the car, in front of the radiator and if anything flies up off the road and punctures it. It will have to be replaced along with associated components.

Kelbarone

May, 14, 2013 AT 1:54 PM

Oh I guess im confused. Shouldnt it be strong enough to prevent those kind of things. Or I guess maybe it just depends. They did say the sick was a couple of inches around. Thank you so much for your help

Wrenchtech

May, 14, 2013 AT 3:05 PM

Oh hell no. a condenser is made like a radiator of very thin aluminum tubes that are designed to dissipate heat to the air. I have seen things as small as a pebble puncture one. That's just the way they have to be designed to do what they were designed to do.

[http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/Car-Air-Conditioner-Condenserjpg.gif

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement