Blower motor replacement.

AKURAOWNA
  • 1996 ACURA TL
I was trying to replace my blower motor in my 96 acura 2.5 tl. I have a chilton manual for my car and it doesn't say anything about having to remove the dashboard. I cannot see the motor so I don't understand where it is and what I have to do to remove it. I really need help, thank you.
Thursday, October 25th, 2007 AT 7:02 PM

SERVICE WRITER

It looks like the dash will need to be removed and the air conditioner vacuumed down here is a guide to help you get started and the diagrams below show the work that needs to be done to replace the blower motor.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/re-charge-an-air-conditioner-system

Crazy design BTW :(
+3
Thursday, October 25th, 2007 AT 7:36 PM
KADKILLA
  • 1996 ACURA TL
Where is the blower (fan) located in a Acura 2.5TL
Saturday, November 10th, 2018 AT 11:56 AM (Merged)
WRENCHTECH
It is under the dash on the passenger side.
-2
A CAT
  • 1997 ACURA TL
Heater problem
1997 Acura TL Engine Size unknown Automatic 4000 miles

where is the heater fan located. Fan would cut out then come on if I hit a bump. I am hoping it is aloose wire or a fuse.
JEREMIAH
Its in the passenger front area, underneath the glove compartment. You don't have to open the glove compartment, just look under it. Fuse box is located right next to glove compartment too, open the passenger front door and pull the panel beside the glove box. Fuses are labeled behind the panel.
-2
BRANDONC123
  • 1996 ACURA TL
96 acura tl 2.5L heater fan motor replacement
IMPALASS
Here you go - hope this helps
KHLOW2008
This entails discharging and recharging the A/C freon and evaporator removal so I hope you understand what you are getting into before you start with the work.
+1
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 1996 ACURA TL
Do I need to remove the whole dash to replace my blower motor or is thire another way around it
KHLOW2008
The complete dash need not be removed but the evaporator has to be, meaning discharging the freon.

BLOWER UNIT & BLOWER MOTOR

Removal & Installation

1. Remove evaporator. See EVAPORATOR. Remove blower unit mounting nut. Disconnect recirculation control motor connector and remove pipe clamp retaining screw. Remove blower unit mounting bolt. Remove blower unit from vehicle by pulling it back and toward right.

2. Remove air filter from blower motor air hose. See Fig. 14. Remove 3 screws and 7 clamps from housings. Carefully separate housings. Remove 2 screws and blower motor. To install, reverse removal procedure. After installation, make sure recirculation control doors and linkage operate smoothly.

EVAPORATOR UNIT

Removal & Installation

1. Discharge A/C system, using approved refrigerant recovery/recycling equipment. Remove dashboard lower cover and knee bolster. Open glove box and remove damper clip. Remove bolts while holding glove box, and remove glove box. Remove Engine Control Module (ECM).

2. Remove anti-lock brake control unit and radiator fan control module with bracket attached. Remove transmission control module. Remove security control unit. Disconnect necessary connectors and remove harness connectors from brackets. Remove wire retainers and pipe cover. Remove expansion valve covers.

3. Disconnect suction line and unbolt expansion valve from evaporator. Plug all openings in A/C system. Disconnect drain hose and remove 7 evaporator retaining screws. Pull evaporator out from underdash while being careful not to damage evaporator fins. Remove evaporator temperature sensor from evaporator fins. Remove power transistor.

4. Remove blower motor high relay (if necessary). Remove 6 housing retaining screws. Carefully separate housings and remove evaporator. To install, reverse removal procedure. Install NEW refrigerant line "O" rings. Tighten refrigerant line bolts/nuts to specification.
Evacuate and charge A/C system.
+1
CRASHATOM
  • 1996 ACURA TL
Blower motor will not force air (hot or AC). Fuse ok. Where is the blower and how do I check if it is getting 12V? Could it be the Resistor block?
Any help is appriciated. It is H O T in kansas City ! Thanks.
Hi crashatom, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

The blower motor is on the right side of the dash, at the blower motor connector power the yellow and black wire from the battery positive post and see if it will come on, we start the troubleshooting here-let me know.
JIMMYTHESTICK410
  • 1996 ACURA TL
The fan for the air conditioning won't come on. Sometimes if I hit a hard bump it will start working again, but it shortly quits when I go to drive the car again. I have checked the fuses and I haven't found that to be the problem, so I a pretty sure it is a loose connection. Where would the heater fan be located and if this sounds like the problem, how can I fix it?
JACK42
Fan is under the dash on the passenger side. Sounds like the fan motor is going out, has a bad spot in the motor that bumps make it skip over. Try turning on the fan and tapping the motor once you find it, if it comes on replace it
GRAHAMPHAM
  • 1996 ACURA TL
Heater problem
1996 Acura TL Front Wheel Drive Automatic 176000 miles

I have the 96 Acura TL 2.5 with 5 cyl engine. The heater/ac blower works sometimes, then it doesn't. It actually comes on when I make a hard left turn. And every once in a while when I open my sunroof. This recently started and it is going for longer periods of not working?
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Change the blower motor relay
GRAHAMPHAM
Thanks I will give it a try. I think there is actually two on this model. A low speed and a high speed.
TONY01
  • 1999 ACURA TL
Hello

About one month & half I replaced the A/C compressor since the original one leaked out all the oil and quit.
I installed a remanufactured one with no problems of course including the drier. The system was not contaminated.
Everything was fine the A/C worked perfect until yesterday. After making a stop at the store I get back in the car when I go to turn on the A/C nothing happened. The blower did not turn on at any speed, auto or manual and I did not hear the compressor either.
After I get home I open the hood I go back to the car try again, this time the Compressor kicks in but the blower does not.
Today I kept troubleshooting, checked all fuses they are good. This time the compressor starts for 3 seconds and stops. I think I may have a bad relay. But what are the chances of both relays (Blower & A/C Clutch) going bad at the same time? Maybe they share the same circuit.
Any thoughts before I take it to the shop. Thank you very much.
TECHCHOICEPARTS
There is a TSB on your vehicle, posted here. Hope it helps.

06-006

April 27, 2006

Applies To:
1999-03 3.2 TL - ALL 2001-03 3.2 CL - ALL

Blower Motor Does Not Work

(Supersedes 06-006, dated February 14, 2006 to update the information with the black bars and asterisks)

SYMPTOM
The blower motor does not work at all.

PROBABLE CAUSE
Poor connection at the blower motor caused by tension on the wiring harness.

CORRECTIVE ACTION

Install a blower motor sub harness.

PARTS INFORMATION

Blower Motor Subharness: P/N 04321-S0K-A00

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Remove the glove box and cover:

199 03 3.2 TL: See page 20-66 of the 1999-03 3.2 TL Service Manual.

2001-033.2 CL: See page 20-64 of the 2001-03 3.2 CL Service Manual.

Online, enter keyword GLOVE, and select Glove Box Removal/Installation from the list.

*2. Disconnect the brown 7P connector (C202) from the main harness. Remove the YEL/BLK wire terminal from cavity 3 of connector C202. Cut off the terminal, and tape the remaining end of the wire to the harness.*

NOTE :If necessary, refer to the terminal replacement section of the appropriate ETM for how to properly remove a terminal from a connector.

*3. Disconnect the 2P blower motor connector, cut off the connector, and tape the remaining ends of the wires to the pigtail. Then tape the pigtail to the main harness.

4. Disconnect the white 5P connector from the power transistor. Remove the BLU/RED wire terminal from cavity 4 of the power transistor connector. Cut off the terminal, and tape the remaining end of the wire to the harness.

5. Take the subharness, and insert the YEL/BLK wire terminal into cavity 3 of connector C202 and insert the BLU/RED wire terminal into cavity 4 of the power transistor connector. Tape both wires to the existing harness. Route the harness so there is no tension on the blower motor connector.*

6. Reconnect connector C202 and the power transistor connector, then connect the 2P connector on the new subharness to the blower motor.

7. Verify the blower motor operates properly at all speeds.

8. Reinstall the glove box and cover.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/234059_99TL_1.jpg

TONY01
Thanks Thechnoiceparts, But for what I saw in my existing harness that TSB has already been done.
I do get voltage at my blower connector.
What bogles my mind is why does my compressor doesn't come on either. The first time I noticed the problem the compressor was working now is not.
How about the blower transistor? How do I test?
Regards
Tony
+1