POPPING NOISE...TIE ROD ENDS/STEERING RACK?

Acura RSX

turbo911cm

November, 13, 2007 AT 3:16 PM

Make: Acura
Model: RSX-S
Year: 2004
Engine Size: 2.0L
Mileage: 65k
Last alignment: about 4 mos ago.

I am getting a popping noise from my front suspension when the sterring wheel is turned under load (car on jack stands does not make noise when wheel is turned). This noise will occur when the vehicle is both stationary and in motion. I have taken the front sway bar off and inspected the end links (no problem) I have removed the front sway bar and turned the wheel while the vehicle is not in motion (underload) and get a pop at the same point in wheel revolution.

I have inspected the tie rod end boots and there are no tears that I can find. Any suggestions? Maybe a loose bolt from alignment?

Bruce Hunt

November, 15, 2007 AT 11:40 AM

Have you considered a CV axle problem?

turbo911cm

November, 26, 2007 AT 10:36 AM

CV axel is in good shape, (from what I can tell) no tears in boot and pop noise can happen when car is not in motion.

minoupak

December, 29, 2007 AT 11:49 AM

Have you done any aftermarket suspension changes? If you have changed the springs, dampers, or changed it to a coilover set-up, it's probably because of that since you say other mechanical parts are in order. I'd suggest resetting the spring alignment to see if it changes anything.

Replace Tie Rod End
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement