BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
PROCEDURE FOR REPLACING STARTER
2002 Acura RL
April, 2, 2010 AT 1:48 AM
Engine Mechanical problem
2002 Acura RL 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles
What is the procedure for replacing the starter?
FOUND 1705 RELATED QUESTIONS
Starter Wont Do Anything I Replaced Batt
April, 3, 2010 AT 9:29 AM
Here are the procedures.
1. Ensure you have the anti-theft codes for the radio and the navigation system, write down the frequencies for the radio's preset buttons.
NOTE: The PCM memory setting is needed after reconnecting the battery.
2. Disconnect the battery negative terminal, disconnect the positive terminal.
3. Raise the coolant reservoir. Remove the battery and battery base.
4. Remove the alternator belt and alternator.
5. Remove the left exhaust manifold cover.
6. Remove the left damper fork.
7. Disconnect the left suspension lower arm ball joint.
8. Remove the left axle shaft.
9. Remove the transmission stop collar, and remove the exhaust pipe.
10. Remove the front mount mounting bolts.
11. Attach the chain hoist to the engine.
12. Remove the left engine mount bracket.
13. Disconnect the starter cable and BLK/WHT wire, remove the starter.
to post a reply.
Starter Removal And Replacement
Electrical problem 1996 chevy blazer 6 cyl four wheel drive automatic is it possible to do a starter removal and replacement with
Starter Issues... How To Change Out The Starter
I think the starter is out on my buick regal 01 tried cranking it this morning and nothing happened all lights working but no cl
How Do I Remove The Starter Motor?
I need to remove the starter motor
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Need A New Starter Motor? Replace It Like The Pros
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Need A Battery? Follow These Easy Steps and Do It Correctly
Wonder Why Your Starter Works? Here Is How
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.