STARTING WHEN HOT OR DRIVEN LONG DISTANC

1994 Acura Integra

weekend

September, 8, 2010 AT 10:12 AM

1994 Acura Integra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 119487 miles

Car works very well, very well maintained, usually starts just fine. However, when the car has been running in hot weather and is turned off, it won't start, even after 10 or 15 minutes. It will start only if jumped. Then, later, it will start fine again. Never happens in the winter.

September, 8, 2010 AT 11:45 AM

Hi weekend,

Thank you for the donation.

This is a peculiar problem and the only logical explanation I can think off is a faulty battery.

If your battery is the maintenence free type, then it is likely to be the cause. Hot weather would affect the battery performance and it could fail intermittently due to internal faults.

When problem occurs, perform a battery condition and high rate discharge test and let me know the results.

weekend

September, 8, 2010 AT 12:03 PM

First, it's not a maintenance-free battery. The battery has been checked several times and was always fine.
It's not a battery problem. I have heard this happen to other Acura owners, but no one seems to have found a reason. I had hoped you would.

September, 8, 2010 AT 12:25 PM

Personally those that I have encountered are all maintenence free battries and they can work well one moment and the next time you would not be able to restart and suddenly you would be able to start again.

When jump starting works, it means the battery is not providing sufficient draw to start and if it is not due to a faulty battery, then it should either be a poor ground or power supply connections.

Have you ever tried to clean and retighten the grounds and fuse box main fuse connections?

Were the charging rate tested when problem occurs?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right