1992 ACURA INTEGRA AIR CONDITIONING FUSE KEEPS BLOWING

• aachica
  • 1992 Acura Integra

Air Conditioning problem
1992 Acura Integra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 210000 miles

I was on the highway and turned off my A/C then turned it back on and it wouldnt cool anymore. The fan was working but no cold air comes out. I checked the fuses and the a/c compresor fuse was blown. So I changed it and it just keeps blowing fuses. What could be the problem? It seems like the compresor turns on because my rpms change when I turn on the A/C.

Tuesday, June 8th, 2010 AT 6:43 PM

• saturntech9

How long does it take for the fuse to blow?If it's quick then Unplug the a/c compressor start the car with a good a/c fuse turn on the a/c if the fuse no longer blow's it's your a/c clutch or your compressor. If the fuse still blow's with it unplugged then you have a short in the circuit from your compressor back. Also check when the engine isn't running if the the center of the a/c clutch turn's freely. If it doesn't then you have a problem there.

Tuesday, June 8th, 2010 AT 6:57 PM