POWER WINDOWS MALFUNCTION

1999 Acura EL

gtatryn

March, 26, 2009 AT 3:08 PM

1999 Acura EL 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 170000 miles

Hi, while driving today I lowered my driver side window and when I tried to close the window it did not work. All 4 windows do not function now. I thought I had the window lock turned on but that was not the case. After turning the car off and turning the key to power and trying the driver side window, I hear a buzzing sound coming from that switch when pressed to lower and when pulled to close. 3 other windows just don't work but no buzzing from their switches.

Dumbfounded! : (

Can the Doctor make a diagnosis? : )

Thanks in advance

F4I_guy

March, 26, 2009 AT 6:00 PM

Have you checked all your fuses? Also, that switch might be faulty, I would check the switch(es) as well.

gtatryn

April, 1, 2009 AT 10:10 PM

Hey F4I_guy, thanks for the reply. I didn't have a chance to try any of your suggestions cause the next morning I got in the car and the windows all worked. It has however been acting up sporadically so the problem has not fixed itself, as if they ever do : ) My guess is that the contacts on the master, driver side control switch are worn or dirty or both and will most likely need cleaning or at worst replacement. I am currently not working so the latter will have to wait.

Cheers

F4I_guy

April, 2, 2009 AT 6:19 PM

I'm glad it's functioning properly now. And your idea of the contacts being dirty might very well be possible. Hopefully when you have the time you can find that loose connection!

Goodluck.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease