1998 ACURA EL POWER WINDOWS MALFUNCTION

• nusratm
  • 1998 Acura EL

1998 Acura EL 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 261000 miles

Hi, I recently bought an Acura 1.6 EL and for the right side, the power windows dont work sometimes. However, when I open and close those doors on the right side, they automatically begin to work. This problem keeps coming back. I wanted to know if you guyz had a solution to this issue? Do let me know. Thank you

Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 6:20 PM

• KHLow2008

Hi nusratm,

Problem seems to be due to loose electrical connections or internal broken wires somewhere.

Open the door and test if the power windows works. Wiggle the wire between the door and pillar and test if there are any difference.

The other problem could be a failing motor. Opening and closing the door would judder the motor to work.

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 7:33 AM
  • nusratm

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Usually when I keep the door open, the power windows on the right side dont work, but upon closing the door, everything seems to work. I'll try and Jiggle the wire to see any difference. Do you think fixing this would cost alot of money? Can you give me an estimate? Thanks

Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 1:17 PM
  • KHLow2008

The additionalinfo seems to indicate bad wirings and for electrical work, it would be difficult to quote an amount as it would depend on the person handling the job.

If you have some electrical understanding of wirings, maybe you can undertake the work yourself. The problem could be broken wires and all you need to do is to join then back.

Tuesday, October 27th, 2009 AT 7:33 AM