Not starting

SANDSHARK23
  • 1998 ACURA CL

I have a 2.3 with 190,000 miles. My car is not starting. I made the mistake of allowing my younger brother drive the car while I was out of town for the past two months.

The engine cranks, but it will not start. I checked the oil and it was black, and had a burned smell to it, and a small fist-sized puddle of oil was under the car as well. The radiator also had a crack in it. I have changed the oil, and bought a new radiator. I checked the spark plugs and they fire just fine so I do not know what is going on.

It has been two weeks now and I am clueless at this point. Could someone please tell me what is going on with my car. Thanks in advance.

CJ

Friday, November 9th, 2007 AT 6:15 PM

BRUCE HUNT

Start by determining if there is spark to the plugs. Got spark we will move on but no spark and you need to address why.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, November 15th, 2007 AT 11:30 AM
SANDSHARK23

Okay, let me update you on what I have done since posting this thread. I determined that the oil/water mixture was coming from a blown head gasket, which I changed. I have bought new plugs and wires, still no start.

CJ

Thursday, November 15th, 2007 AT 6:15 PM
BRUCE HUNT

You have made steps, but still go back to the old question, is there spark?

Friday, November 16th, 2007 AT 9:17 AM
SANDSHARK23

I took out the plugs and I do have a yellow spark. I do not know if that is good or not. Also, I have noticed that there is any fuel getting to the engine. I have pressure in the fuel rail, however its not going through the injectors. Do you know what could cause all four of the fuel injectors to stop working? I have checked all of my connections and they seem to be in order, so now I am at a loss as to what the problem is.

Friday, November 16th, 2007 AT 9:05 PM
BRUCE HUNT

Do you hear the injectors trying to open? Do you have any idea what the pressure of the system is? It can seem like it is sufficient but it may not be what is needed to function.

Monday, November 26th, 2007 AT 4:41 PM
PRESLEY14
  • 1998 ACURA CL
  • MERGED

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 155,000 miles

Try to start my car and it would not make a sound. The battery is good and had the starter checked and it is good. What could it be? Heard it might be a relay if so where would this be located and how could I check it? Thanks

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:42 PM
  • MERGED

You need a repair manual to track this problem down it is not easy. Start at the starter relay, transmission range switch and ignition switch.

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:42 PM
PRESLEY14
  • 1998 ACURA CL
  • MERGED

1998 Acura CL 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 155000 miles

My acura is not starting doesnt make a sound and the battery is good and the starter is good no fuses seem to be shot but dont know which relays to check. Windows wont roll down but the blower comes on so the ingition should be working right? Please help. If have any ideas please let me know where located of part is. Thanks

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:42 PM
KHLOW2008
  • MERGED

Hi Presley14,

Are the dash lights indicating when ignition is turned "on"?
The starting system incorporates a safety switch that is the Park and Neutral Position switch. Did you try starting with gear shift in Neutral?

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:42 PM
CHARLES DEBNAM
  • 1998 ACURA CL
  • 7,000,000 MILES
  • MERGED

I have a 2.3 engine. The fuel pump pumps fuel, but the car does not start and the spark plugs do not get wet.

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:42 PM