Will not start

VRB1283
  • 1999 ACURA CL

Help! It has been an awesome car, but I am having some troubles lately. One morning I went to start my car to leave for work, and it would not start. I had just driven it the night before and it ran fine. No check engine light or any signs of why it might not be starting. After checking it out, I really thought it was the fuel pump. So I bought and replaced the fuel pump, filter and plugs. Still will not start. Fuel is still not getting to the cylinder. I also checked all fuses and all were fine. After racking my brain over what it could be, I have two buddies that are telling me it could be a couple of things: #1 main relay or #2 crank sensor. I took out the relay to see if I could see any cracks, and it looked okay to me. Ironically our other car died too so we had to drop $600.00 into that to get it up and running. I need to fix the car, but I want opinions on what I should try first. Has anyone else had this problem or maybe have some insight as to what the problem may be?

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 5:43 PM

FIXITMR

Did you try spraying some gas into intake to see if it fires?

-1
Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 6:08 PM
VRB1283

Yes, I did and it does fire.

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 6:10 PM
FIXITMR

Does fuel pump prime cycle come on when key is turned to on? Two to four seconds.

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 7:17 PM
VRB1283

Yes.

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 9:32 PM
FIXITMR

Have you checked injectors for pulse?

Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 12:34 AM
VRB1283

Yes, and there is no pulse.

Sunday, March 25th, 2012 AT 12:45 PM
FIXITMR

Have you checked for codes to see if computer working right?

Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 5:34 PM
DON74KEY
  • 1999 ACURA CL
  • MERGED

Six cylinder two wheel drive automatic 141,000 miles

Drove to school fine. Just changed battery and alternator two years ago. Car has power. Went to lunch, turned key and nothing. No sound from engine at all. Lights come on inside and everything. First time for this problem to occur. Ideas?

Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 AT 10:28 AM
JAMES W.
  • MERGED

Do your interior lights go out when you turn key to start? If "no", check for power at starter solenoid on key start. If you have power at the solenoid (small wire) you probably have a bad starter.

Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 AT 10:29 AM
PARKOURISM
  • MERGED

All the lights would come on when I put the key in. The car had power and everything but the car would even try to turn over when I would turn the key. Had the mechanic look at it and turns out it was something called the relay switch. It should be a little black box located low under the steering wheel to the left as close the the door as you can get

+1
Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 AT 10:29 AM