AC TROUBLE

KPHOGS
  • 2006 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
A/C isn't blowing any cool air when you first get in vehicle and start it up & your driving down the highway. I've drove about two miles & it starts to blow cool air. It only blows one speed & it's low, it doesn't matter if you turn the fan speed dial all the way up too high, its still just blowing low speed. If I engage the recirculate switch, you can feel the motor pull down but the cool air that was coming out isn't coming out anymore until you disengage the recirculate switch. When I shut off the van & go into a store & then get back into van & start it up again to leave, it starts all over again. I have too drive 2 miles or so before it blows out cool air again. Help me; Please it's getting HOT in Arkansas! Thanks for any info, will be greatly appreciated
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 AT 12:54 AM

Try pulling hvac fuse inside car for 60 seconds with key on it may reset actuators. Then check to see if your blower resistor is good it may be the speed problem. Arrow points to resistor in pic. If resistor is ok then have a mechanic scan for codes as it may be the blower motor module for speed causing problem as well.
+1
Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 AT 7:06 AM
KPHOGS
Thanks for the info HMAC300, I'm taking it to a friend this afternoon & I'll show this image you sent & I'll let you know the outcome. Very thankful for the info & praying it does the trick & fixing the problem. It's starting to HEAT UP IN ARKANSAS! WPS! GO HOGS!
Monday, April 10th, 2017 AT 10:05 AM
KEN
Hmac300 is one of our best!

GO HOGS!

Please use 2CarPros anytime, we are here to help and tell a friend.

Let us know if you need more help.

Best, Ken
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 AT 6:48 PM
KPHOGS
Just to let all know I haven't done anything to the t&c van, I'm not a mechanic or don't know how to work on much of anything for that matter unless it's something simple like say, pulling out a fuse in a fuse box & replacing it with a new one. There is a new problem well it's not really a problem unless I'm the one trying too fix it. I had to buy brake pads for the front; Right & Left side & probably going to have to buy both of the rotors to. They'll have to be repaired very soon, because you can hear & feel the grinding of metal. KPHOGG Saying good bye for now but I'll let you know how the AC turns out. Thanks! Have A Blessed & Great Day! :)
Friday, April 14th, 2017 AT 4:05 AM
KPHOGS
Thank you HMAC300 For your info. The mechanic replaced the blower motor resistor connector & AC Is working just fine. Freezing me out!
Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 6:29 AM
KEN
Glad you could get it fixed please use 2CarPros. Com anytime we are here to help

Best, Ken
+1
Monday, April 17th, 2017 AT 2:16 PM