A/C cooling fan will not come on

WJONSON2@HOTMAIL.COM
  • 2001 SATURN L200
A/C is blowing warm and A/C cooling fan will not come on.
Saturday, November 4th, 2017 AT 9:32 AM

SATURNTECH9
Is the A/C compressor turning on when you turn the A/C on?
-1
Saturday, November 4th, 2017 AT 11:51 PM
WJONSON2@HOTMAIL.COM
No compressor is not coming on. Cooling fan for motor comes on at 212 degrees. A/C fan does not come on. Compressor does not come on. When A/C is on compressor does not come on and A/C fan does not come on. Three days ago A/C worked fine blew cold and compressor came on.
Sunday, November 5th, 2017 AT 9:07 AM
KEN
There is some fuses and a ac relay that needs to be checked. Here are some guides and diagrams (Below) to help you run some simple tests.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check for power at the fuses as well. (below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
Monday, November 6th, 2017 AT 1:37 PM
SATURNTECH9
Also check the bolts that hold the a.C. Lines onto the a.C. Compressor it's common for them to loosen up and leak a.C. Charge.
Monday, November 6th, 2017 AT 7:06 PM
WJONSON2@HOTMAIL.COM
Fuses and relays are ok 100psi in ac system. Does the FCM tie in with the ac control?
Monday, November 6th, 2017 AT 7:18 PM
SATURNTECH9
Also those a.C. Clutches fail on those unplug the a.C. Clutch connector and turn the a.C. On see if there is power at the a.C. Connector?If so loose terminal tightness the a.C. Clutch connector or bad a.C. Clutch field.
+1
Monday, November 6th, 2017 AT 7:22 PM
WJONSON2@HOTMAIL.COM
It was the a.C. Clutch thank you
+2
Monday, December 25th, 2017 AT 9:04 AM
SATURNTECH9
Your welcome had a feeling your welcome I have seen a lot of the clutches go out on those cars. Merry Christmas please tell all your friends about us
+1
Monday, December 25th, 2017 AT 9:41 AM
MIKEPAVEY8
Hello friends, I have the car listed above that has no air. The cooling fans do not kick on at all when turning on the A/C but when hooked up to battery they both work. Checked all relays they are good. Clutch is good. One side blows out extreme heat and on driver side it tries to blow out some what cooler air. Please help I'm out an end and don't know what else to check!
Thursday, July 9th, 2020 AT 4:41 PM
KASEKENNY1
Okay. Can we take a step back and clarify what is happening? When you say your cooling fans are not coming on, I assume you are talking about the radiator fans?

Then when you say you have hot air blowing out the driverside and somewhat cool air out the passenger side, this is inside the vehicle coming out of the vents?

If so, we need to address the cooling fan first, however you may have two issues.

As far as the fans go, are you jumping power to the fans and they are coming on? If so, let's start with this info and go from there. Thanks
Thursday, July 9th, 2020 AT 5:18 PM
MIKEPAVEY8
Sorry Kasekenny 1 I was frustrated when I wrote this. Yes, I am jumping power to the fans. They both kick on when I do so. Yes I am talking about my radiator fans.
Thursday, July 9th, 2020 AT 5:22 PM
LRGARLETTS
  • 2001 SATURN L200
Ac light will not come on and ac does not come on. Ac comes on now and again and blows cold and reuns a few minutes, when ac does not come on the vent fan does not come on either.

Also check engine light stays on says runs lean, oxygen sensor was replaced.
Friday, July 10th, 2020 AT 10:39 AM (Merged)
SATURNTECH9
You have a L200 with a v6 engine they didnt come with them are you sure you dont have a L300?It sounds like a bad blower switch because your a/c button light doesnt come on and at the same time your blower fan is inop so that would make the most sense. Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?What are the exact code numbers your computer has not the code description.
BLUEBIRDMATE
  • 2001 SATURN L200
WHere can I get a detailed schmetic of the cooling fans module and where can I procure a Module. I am a 35 year Cadillac Certified Technican, Cadillac Master Roadside Technician, Master ASE Technician with L1 And under car. I am asking about a 2001 Saturn L200 4 cyl. Have had this car since new.
ASEMASTER6371
Module is dealer item only.

BLUEBIRDMATE
This is in response to ASEMaster6371: With all do respect the schematic and response does NOT apply to the actual wiring on my automobile. This is the information for my auto: 2001 Saturn L200 VIN #1G8JU52F11Y588253, Production Date 06-01 "F" Engine 2.2 4 Cyl. The Part Number on the Module is 1293 9022. This unit has 9 wires going to it. It has 2 connectors, The Brown connector has 4 size 10/12 wires as follows: Pin A Black, Pin B Grey, Pin D Red, Pin E light Green. The Blue Connector Has 5 wires going to it as Follows:Pin A Grey 10/12 wire. Pin B Red 10/12 wire, Pin C Black 18 wire, Pin D Grey 10/12 wire Pin E White 10/12 wire. ( Wire size Commercial AWG ). The condition I have is intermittent. At random times the pusher and puller fan go to high speed (even going down the road (50+ MPH). At this time the engine runs normal, even at idle, the temp gage reads normal. I have removed the circuit board from the protective case. There are no burned or hot spots on the circuit board. The circuit board has 5 relays HARD wired to it. I have done the shake/tap test with no help. I have checked the wiring from the module to the cooling fans, wiring from the coolant sensor to the PCM, Wires from Th PCM to the module. The car has NEVER been in a accident Please advise. I need all the help I can get. There are not any Saturn Dealerships any more. Some Chev dealers handle Saturn Warranty work but none here have any Technicians that are familiar with a 12 year old car. Thank you in advance. Darryl Kazemba Memphis Tn. Area. 901 432 6105
SATURNTECH9
Just to add to this one the only thing I have really seen happen when those fail is the cooling fans stay on constant. What problem are you having with the fan?Also I would try get that part from WWW. Parts. Com I have gotten a lot of parts from them. They sell factory parts.
BLUEBIRDMATE
This message is in response to the last reply from saturn teck9: Both cooling fans come on at high speed. With engine running. Once on they stay on even going down the road (50+ mph) You can stop turn the engine off, the fans stop, turn the key back on and no fans come on the start the engine and the fans come back on! The at some point they stop. The first time it occurred all was normal I was in the Mcdonalds drive through and all at once the engine "BURPED" and I heard the fans come on HIGH, the engine temp was normal and full of coolant. The engine didn't go dead when it "BURPED". When the car was about 4 years old the fans stayed running with the key off, I replaced the module (Part #12939022) and that repaired it. I have driven the car over 200 miles the last couple of days with NO recurrence of the problem. The next thing I am going to do is check all grounds. I tried the WEB site you gave me but they don't list the module either. Thanks for your response. When and if I get this corrected I will post it. Thank you.
BLUEBIRDMATE
Up date for saturntech9: I contacted a GM dealer and found out the part number that was on the old part has been updated. The good part number is 2272 1426. This part IS available on the web site www. Parts. Com I hope this updated info will help someone. Thank you. By the way the part is a 100.00 cheaper than at the dealer.
SATURNTECH9
When the fan turns on then when its supposed to be off take a screwdriver and use the handle and tap on the top of the fan relay module see if the fan turns off?I have tester modules for the four cylinder and six cylinders I use to trubl shoot those.I don't access to internet to pull up the wire diagram I am out of town for a few days. Asemaster can you please pull up the correct wire diagram for the 4 cyl fan?

Sponsored links