ABS module wiring?

TYPHOONTOM
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
The protective tubing on my ABS module wiring harness degraded. It put strain on the loom. ABS light came on. Two wires visibly broke. I patched them and checked for continuity. Check. The module will still will not communicate with handheld ABS code reader. Suspect more wires strained and broke. Would like to check continuity from ABS mass connector pins back to origin. Looking for pin diagram with wiring color codes so I can check across each wire from the ABS connector back up to where it goes up underneath the under-hood fuse panel/ECM. Can you help?
Tuesday, May 7th, 2019 AT 5:18 PM

Here's the diagrams I found for your truck. The first two are for anti-lock brakes without traction assist. The third and fourth are with traction assist. This guide can help you test.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
Tuesday, May 7th, 2019 AT 6:28 PM
TYPHOONTOM
Thank you so very much. One more question. I still have the window sticker. I bought this thing new. It says nothing about traction assist. It does say locking differential, but there's no traction button on the dash, like I've seen on some trucks. Would you say it's a safe bet it does not have traction assist?
+1
Tuesday, May 7th, 2019 AT 6:49 PM
Correct. Traction assist is an add-on option to the ABS system. It operates by activating one brake independently when that wheel is spinning on ice.
+2
Tuesday, May 7th, 2019 AT 7:36 PM
SILVER99
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
To troubleshoot an intermittent C0265 (Electronic Brake Control Module Motor Relay Circuit $29) that I get with an Actron CP9580.
Monday, August 31st, 2020 AT 12:21 PM (Merged)
DOCFIXIT
Check connector at EBCM see if a pin is bent or loose
SILVER99
None loose or bent. Just got back from looking at Mitchells in the library. The standard wiring diagram is neat, but i'm looking for a schematic of the ECBM internals.
SILVER99
A crop:
DOCFIXIT
So where are you with it?
SILVER99
Thanks for asking, everything is still on the truck. Still in need of a Kelsey Hayes 325 schematic.
DOCFIXIT
Can 't get that wiring only what you have system is self diagnostic so need a scanner to acess and diagnosis system. Ie. Not a code reader a diagnostic scan tool
SILVER99
All I have is a new purchased Actron CP9580 for $170 from sears. Com

I could call Actron to find out for sure, but I am pretty sure that the CP9580 features for the ABS system are limited to code reading.
DOCFIXIT
That is correct type scan tool needed costs several thousand $$$

Sponsored links