A/C blowing hot air

KELLY030
  • 2005 NISSAN ALTIMA

My freon is full but when I turn my a/c on it blows warm air. Then it may kick on to cold after a while, then kick back to warm. Someone told me it sounds like it is short cycling. What do I need to check and replace? I have already replace the low pressure valve.

Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 AT 12:44 PM

KHLOW2008

This sounds like a classic compressor clutch problem. Here are a guide to help you confirm the problem.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-air-conditioner-not-working-or-is-weak

and if so

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-air-conditioner-compressor

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers,

+1
Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 AT 5:02 PM
KELLY030

The a/c compressor is disengaging, and it is not switching to heat. Thanks for the guide I tested for power at the compressor and there was. Then replaced the compressor and it is all fixed, I love this site!

Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 AT 6:06 PM
BETHANYJOY
  • NISSAN ALTIMA

Hi,
I have a 1999 Nisssa Altima with about 115,000 miles on it. When I turn on the AC nothing but hot air blows out of the vents. Do I just need to have this serviced or is there something more involved? Thanks!

Friday, July 7th, 2017 AT 6:23 PM (Merged)

Its probably low on freon

GATORBAIT4187
  • 2013 NISSAN ALTIMA

Recently the a/c on my Altima started blowing warmer and warmer. Having worked on vehicles over the years, I did the typical checks. A/C clutch was not engaging, freon was charged. So, I replaced my compressor as well as my expansion valve. After doing this, I vacuumed the system then put freon in. The clutch is engaging on the new compressor. But I still get only hot air. I checked the fuses, couldn't find a problem there. The only thing I haven't checked is my a/c relay and Nissan is very vague on their diagrams of where the relay may be. I'm frustrated with this and open to suggestions.

SATURNTECH9

If the AC clutch is engaging I would say the relay is working. What are the high side and low side AC pressures with the AC on?Also have you checked your blend door?

+1
SHADETREE45
  • 1999 NISSAN ALTIMA

Air Conditioning problem
1999 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

on real hot davs a c will stop cooling. Blows hot new compressor, dryer, and ambient switch

The AC system could be freezing up due to air and moisture forming ice blocking off the orifice tube, try getting it vacuumed