Since it has a distributer cap does it matter where the wires are connected to injectors?

DONN-1
  • 1991 DODGE RAM
  • 100 MILES
4G64 engine. Some how when the head was taken off truck, the injector wires were not marked. How would I find the right injector connections?
Thanks, Donn1
Friday, November 20th, 2020 AT 5:54 PM

Hi,

Both the spark plug wires need to be properly connected and so do the fuel injectors.

I need to know the correct engine size. Also, let me know if it is a full-size truck. They never put a 4 cylinder in the full-size trucks.

If you look at pic 1, it shows the engines available in the full size. If it is a Dakota, then it can have a 2.5L 4 cylinder engine. See pic 2.

Please confirm.

Let me know.
Friday, November 20th, 2020 AT 7:20 PM
DONN-1
It is a 2.4, 4 cylinder engine in a Power Ram D50 small pickup. We removed the engine for re-building and did not mark the wires for the fuel injectors. I looked at the connect sockets for a number, but did not see one. How can I tell which socket goes to which injector? Could I hook a 12vdc test light to each injector socket in turn, with battery hooked up and on, hand turn the engine and observe which cylinder the rotor button is pointing to, or is there another way? Thanks, donn1
Saturday, November 21st, 2020 AT 5:32 AM
Hi,

No problem. I attached a portion of the wiring schematic. It shows wire colors for each injector based on cylinder.

Let me know if this helps.

+1
Saturday, November 21st, 2020 AT 8:41 PM
DONN-1
Thanks for pointing the way to wire up theses injectors. Donn1
Sunday, November 22nd, 2020 AT 5:09 PM
Hi,

Happy to help. I hope it works for you. Let me know if you have other questions or need help.

Take care,
Sunday, November 22nd, 2020 AT 8:11 PM

Sponsored links