Radio will not work

JESSICAANDJUSTIN
  • 2013 FORD FOCUS
  • TURBO
My radio quit working. The screen works and will show the time date and temperature but it will not pull up the radio. How do I reset the radio to actually play the radio? Is there a code?
Saturday, July 4th, 2015 AT 4:16 PM

KEN

Usually if the radio lights come on but no sound is because the amplifier has gone out inside the radio. There are three fuses that run the system. Here is a guide and a complete set of radio wiring diagrams (below) and fuse locations fuse box so you can do some testing. Please check for power on both sides of the fuse. Make sure the radio is getting power and ground. If everything checks out the radio is bad.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Cheers, Ken
-2
Monday, June 5th, 2017 AT 6:24 PM
FFROST1961
  • 2007 FORD FOCUS
My radio does not do anything not even light up no clock I have checked the fuse which looked fine. So what else may I try?
+1
Monday, June 5th, 2017 AT 6:25 PM (Merged)
Check and test the ground circuit of the radio and also look for another fuse behind the radio.
-1
SONOPIOGGIA
  • 2009 FORD FOCUS
Is this something I can fix on my own? If needed, I can provide a picture.
+1
FIXITMR
The radio was bad in my car, the guide worked perfect.
-1
DJH51190
  • 2002 FORD FOCUS
Works when stopped and at five mph and about forty five mph. At any other speed will not work.
You need to have the vehicle checked for bad grounds.
DGALLAWAYSR
I know this is an old thread but hopefully my information can still help someone. After some extensive research online, the problem with the 2012 Focus radio not turning on (frozen blue squares) is the CD player. When you turn the radio on, it tries to initialize the CD player, when it cannot, it freezes up. My car was doing the same thing, it would show the time, temperature and frozen blue squares. So I removed the radio, just the silver box, not the monitor, I used a small torx screwdriver to remove the bottom panel of the silver box. Once the bottom panel was removed I pulled the gray ribbon cable loose from the connection inside where it attached to the CD player. Once disconnected, I re-assembled the silver box, and put it back in the dash. Turn the key on and it worked, and has worked ever since. I hope this tutorial helps someone out.
+3
Friday, May 25th, 2018 AT 5:52 PM
KEN
Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out whenever you are on the site. :)

Cheers, Ken
Saturday, May 26th, 2018 AT 10:35 AM