IDLE FLUCTUATING

• bamzap
  • 2012 Kia Picanto

Recently had it serviced early as noticed that she idles quite irratic up to the point that it affects my braking as when you reach to full stop it will give a little jerk as if you have stepped on the accelarator.

i do hope to get an answer as I am in the middle east and apparently none from the actual authorize dealer could do! ( Very bad after sales here )

Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 AT 3:45 PM

• hmac300

Try cleaning the throttle plate with chokecleaner if you can get it. Cleanit on both sides see if that helps. Also it shoudl be scanned for codes.

Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 AT 5:03 PM
  • bamzap

Hi.

Just got my picanto service once again and apparently mechanics has advised me that it was an electrical problem.

My next question would it be advisable to have another ground connected to the battery straight to the block?

Monday, June 4th, 2012 AT 3:49 PM
  • hmac300

There shold be one there already

Monday, June 4th, 2012 AT 4:28 PM
  • bamzap

Hi.

Yes there's one already but would it resolve the problem if I would install another one? From the battery to the block?

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 AT 5:06 PM
  • hmac300

No just clean the old one if it'snot making good contact. And clean the one going to the body as well.

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 AT 7:01 PM