DIY TIPS FOR GRILL REPLACEMENT

2010 Chrysler Town and Country

jvansky

March, 17, 2012 AT 7:15 AM

I can remove the 2 top plastic fasteners but cannot figure out how to disengage the plastic "tabs" at the sides and bottom. The grill is 100% plastic. Please help!

fixitmr

March, 17, 2012 AT 2:46 PM

You gonna put a custom grill on it?

fixitmr

March, 17, 2012 AT 3:27 PM

Here's pics of grill with clips design clearly seen.

jvansky

March, 17, 2012 AT 4:04 PM

Can you attach the pictures you mention? I cannot access them. The replacement I bought on ebay is supposed to fit the factory attachments. I want to be careful because I want to preserve and keep the original grill, so I can change it back if needed.

fixitmr

March, 18, 2012 AT 7:43 AM

I forgot link? I'm thinkin the tabs on your new grill would be the same? Flat with a flexible middle tab section.

jvansky

March, 18, 2012 AT 5:41 PM

I apologize for my lack of tech savvy. The link and pictures you provided were GREAT. Yes the tabs on my new grill insert are supposed to match up perfectly. The middle tab is flexible, as you noted. I may not have to remove the front fascia; once it stops raining, I will take out the two push pins and the two top screws and see if that gives me enough play to access the flexible tabs on the stock insert. The new grille insert is also plastic but has chromed mesh like a lot of aftyermarket grilles for the Chrysler 300's. Thanks for your guidance and expert advice. I really appreciate the help!
JVS

Replace Front Grill
Air Condition Condenser Replacement
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Open Hood Video
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement