WHY DOES MY STALL INTERMINTANTLY UPON STARTING?

2009 Kia Rio

Lia04

February, 22, 2012 AT 9:35 PM

I drive a 2009 Kia Rio. It's standard transmission. For about 2.5 years I have been dealing with an intermittent starting problem. The car will start and then die and stall. Sometimes I cannot get it to kick over for about 10 minutes. I've had the immobilizer and the fuel pump replaced under warranty. To prevent this from happening (and it usually works) I will and/or pump the gas pedal before I start the car, when the car is about to turn over I will flood the gas pedal and get the rpm's up around 5000 so as to prevent the car from stalling. I'm a college student that bought this car brand new and am at my wits end. I can't afford time or stress on this. PLEASE help!

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

rivermikerat

February, 22, 2012 AT 10:15 PM

Have it scanned for codes and check the fuel pressure. Both can be done for free. Many part stores will loan or rent tools such as these.