Changing the starter on a 2009 Jeep Wrangler 4WD 3.8L SFI OHV 6cyl wanted to no if there was any tricks to do it because of the limited space with the drive shaft in the way and the exhaust 2 inches away
Friday, August 24th, 2012 AT 1:37 PM
These are the removal procedures.
1. Disconnect and isolate negative battery cable.
2. Raise and support vehicle.
3. While supporting starter motor (1), remove two bolts (2) securing starter motor to transmission.
4. Lower starter motor far enough to access and remove nut (1) securing battery cable to starter solenoid B(+) terminal stud. Always support starter motor during this process. Do not let starter motor hang from wire harness.
5. Remove battery cable at starter.
6. Disconnect solenoid terminal wire harness connector from starter solenoid.